Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Car Hauler Dispatch - Why Do I Need It?


The change of season and game plan for car haulers is already here.  In fact, work has already been winding down since September for most of the routes.  I've been dispatching a car hauler out of Minnesota for a while and really got to feel it when time came to head north from Texas.  The load volume had significantly dropped.  Same case for anything coming out of California.  Even though there are lanes which are still doing good, most however have dropped in volume.  What does it mean for a car hauler (auto carrier)?  Essentially it means that it takes longer to put a load together out of these areas as well dealing with price drop.  I was shocked to see brokers post cars onto the load board out of California to North Carolina for $600.  My guess is if a driver has no other options then that is what they'll go with.  They key to all of this is patience.  With a little more hard and diligent work, I got my driver out of California heading east with 8 cars for $7950.  That's almost $1000 per car.

My suggestion for driver who run lanes that dried up, first is to consider changing your route.  Most drivers will be amazed that there are territories that pay great money year round.  They simply need to spend time researching lanes.  Secondly, and I can't stress this enough, is patience.  Drivers miss out on a lot of good loads if they only waited for a little longer.  However, the key to all of this is a good and experienced dispatcher and dispatch service.  I look ahead and if I notice a low volume of cars, then I immediately start working on something.  Even when the driver is only starting to load the cars on pickup. 

Car Hauler Dispatcher Service

No comments:

Post a Comment